Production Manager Seeds
Enza Zaden | wo | Enkhuizen, Nederland
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. And produces and sells its seeds all over the world. We have made an animation to explain to you properly (and as briefly as possible) what we do.
The purpose of our work? To offer everyone worldwide access to healthy and varied vegetables. With more than 2000 passionate colleagues all over the world, we work together every day on the vegetables of tomorrow.
What are you going to do?
As our new Production Manager Seeds (internally: Crop Production Manager) you will be accountable for the global seed productions of the Leafy segment (e.g. spinach, lettuce), delivering the right quantity of seeds at the right quality, at the right time, in an efficient manner.
Besides managing the international production team you will participate in the tactical cross functional S&OP Teams and contribute to executing the (crop) strategic plans.
- Manage, coach and develop the team of Production Specialists.
- Accountable for the seed production program and ensure key performance is met on quality, quantity, cost and timing. Monitor supplier performance and initiate annual performance reviews held with the Global Production- and Contract Manager and key producers.
- Leadership and active participation in S&OP- , management and crop segment teams.
- Contribute to a seamless end-to-end design and delivery by leading the proactive evaluation, with R&D and M&S, of variety development and producibility.
- Development of business cases and/or manage small to medium projects for improvements on e.g. seed technology research, producibility and process optimization in our strive for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Enza Zaden production strategy on departmental and crop level.
We are looking for a production manager, preferably familiar with the agricultural industry, who can build and develop his/her team to the next level. This requires a business minded, problem solving, pro-active professional with strong analytical capabilities and enthusiasm for the vegetable and agricultural industry. You bring good leadership skills and you can collaborate with senior stakeholders.
You have excellent and clear communication skills in English and it is a huge benefit if you can speak Dutch. You look for the best possible way to achieve goals and are able to connect and collaborate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
In short you:
- Have University level (WO, Master), preferably educational background in agronomy, supply chain or business.
- Have > 4 years’ experience in project management, you bring experience in leading complex projects.
- Bring good and proven experience with building, managing and coaching teams and individuals/department.
- Have experience in (agronomical) manufacturing understanding challenges in product development, (seed) production processes and Sales & Operations Planning.
- Have the ability to analyze and work with complex problems and large sets of data.
- Have high collaborative working skills and leading processes with teams of different managerial levels.
- Are willing to travel (within Europe and intercontinental).
Please, send your application to our HR department, via the "Apply" button.
Caroline van Oppen, Corporate Recruiter, +31 655680161 or e-mail; email@example.com