Breeder Hybrid Potato
Aardevo / Nomilk2day B.V. | wo | Nagele, Flevoland (The Netherlands)
Aardevo is a potato breeding company based on the premise of developing the potato of the future. They are developing new, future-proof varieties of potato with their innovative diploid hybrid breeding process. Their ultimate aim is to produce true potato seeds from these hybrid potatoes, seeds that can be more efficiently exported across the globe.
Breeder Hybrid Potato
Do you want to join the evolution of potatoes at the interface of research and product development? Aardevo offers a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and practical breeder to make an essential contribution to our growing hybrid potato breeding program!
What are you going to do?
Initially you will be trained and involved in the core activities of the population improvement pipeline. Over time you will take over responsibility for part of the breeding program within a particular market segment.
We are seeking at the earliest opportunity a person to join our dynamic breeding team in Nagele, The Netherlands on a full-time and permanent basis.
These will be your key tasks and areas of responsibility:
- You will develop parental components that are adapted to our target growing and production regions, superior for must-have traits defined by market demands, stable in performance and acceptable by end-users.
- You take a leading role in planning and setting up performance trials in the field and greenhouse for selection.
- You travel to trial locations within the Netherlands and EU countries to evaluate germplasm and collect observations.
- You process and analyse breeding and genomic data, and lead selection decisions for germplasm advancement into product development.
- You will report advancement decisions and performance results to key stakeholders in a clear and effective manner.
- You will supervise a breeding assistant.
- You will strategically collaborate within an international team of breeders, breeding assistants, genomic scientists, and agronomists.
- You are expected to reach full autonomy within this role.
- You will report to the Senior Potato Breeder
Start your future with us! What we offer to help you grow:
- We are a young and collegial team made up of 16 employees in the Netherlands and several employees in the USA
- As a Breeder you will have the chance to contribute to the strategic development of the hybrid potato breeding program by bringing in your own ideas and experiences
- You will have access to state-of-the-art breeding technologies
- Lots of room for professional and personal development within an international team
- A good salary package including an attractive commuting allowance
Bring in your strengths:
You enjoy walking the fields just as analysing data. You are eager to learn, and working on an innovative breeding concept triggers your creativity. You are a pragmatic team player with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- PhD or MSc with a focus in plant breeding, quantitative genetics, or related field
- Practical and hands-on experience in breeding preferred
- A thorough understanding of breeding methods and breeding technology applications
- Experience in design and analysis of field and greenhouse experiments
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- An analytical mind and passion for developing solutions, solving problems with a focus on continuous improvement
- Highly independent, pro-active, and results driven
- Professional communication in English; Dutch would be an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel to visit testing locations
Nagele, Flevoland (The Netherlands)
Jan Gert Roest, Senior Consultant Horticulture & Agriculture at Nomilk2day Headhunters
tel: +31 (0)617734385
Aardevo has exclusively selected Nomilk2day as recruitment partner for this vacancy. Nomilk2day Headhunters connects organisations and professionals active in agribusiness, food and industry. Always driven by shared ambitions. For permanent and temporary positions in the 50-250k salary range. Our services focus on executive search, recruitment and interim management.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH39481".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.