GenNovation | wo | Wageningen
The four shareholders of GenNovation are each world leading breeding and production companies within their field of expertise. Their common goal is to deliver the best products for their customers worldwide. With this background Anthura, Florensis, Dekker Chrysanthemum and Gebr. Vletter & Den Haan decided in 2018 to set-up GenNovation as their platform to exchange knowledge and collaborate in research projects to strengthen their breeding efforts. In 2020 a research facility was opened in Wageningen, in the center of the plant research community. For this location we are looking for a Lead Bioinformatics to strengthen the companies in this field of expertise.
What does your job as Lead Bioinformatics at GenNovation entail?
As our Lead Bioinformatics you will lead the bioinformatics developments within the four companies. With your background in programming and genetics you will contribute to the design of algorithms and pipelines to support research and breeding.
You will intensively connect with the four companies to discover their needs and priorities to initiate research projects that will subsequently be executed in close collaboration with the scientists within GenNovation and the breeding companies. You will employ and expand your network to follow the latest developments and translate this to practical solutions for the companies. Collaboration is an important feature of the job and you will closely collaborate with scientists from various disciplines.
What do we require from you as a Lead Bioinformatics?
- PhD or MSc with at least three years of experience in a relevant field e.g. plant or animal genetics and bioinformatics;
- Fluent in at least one, preferably more commonly used programming languages e.g python, C++, java;
- Experience in managing projects on developing pipelines for genomic analyses and tools for molecular breeding;
- Basic knowledge of statistics on a scientific level;
- Ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Innovative and critical mindset and problem solving attitude;
- Knowledge of data infrastructure;
- Experience with working in a cloud environment is a plus;
- Willingness to travel frequently to the locations of the shareholders of GenNovation.
Information and applications
If you are interested and feel to be the right person for our company, please apply! For more information about this post, please contact Bart Brugmans via telnr. 06-30478492.
WE DO NOT WELCOME ENQUIRIES FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH39131".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.