Team Lead Phytopathology
Dümmen Orange | wo | De Lier, the Netherlands
Team Lead Phytopathology
Oude Campsweg 35C, 2678 NN De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our R&D department in De Lier we are looking for a Team Lead Phytopathology.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Team Lead Phytopathology you impact the future of Ornamental Breeding as part of the Technology Applications department within the Research team. In this role, you coordinate the performance of phytopathology bioassays for resistance breeding for our global Dümmen Orange breeding programs. Your tasks include managing people, trials & facilities, optimizing bioassay efficiency, and reporting on Key Performance Indicators. While delivering on the requested services, you build and maintain a network of internal stakeholders and external experts. In addition, you manage Quality Assurance of the bioassays and maintain high standards in accordance to national and international authorities related to Plant Health regulations The activities are a dynamic mix of hand-on activities in the greenhouse, guiding team members in their tasks, communicating with external service providers and aligning with internal stakeholders from Breeding and Research. You will report to the Global Lead Technology Applications in the Breeding Technology Centre in De Lier.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Efficient planning, organization, timely execution, data recording and reporting of all Phytopathology Technology Applications activities.
- Lead a team of 3-5 assistants and interns in the execution of the bioassays
- Build and maintain a network of internal stakeholders to impact breeding decisions related to resistance breeding.
- Formulate and implement processes, procedures and measures to achieve business objectives and meet defined Quality Assurance standards.
- Guarantee constant improvement and critical review of currently used methods.
- Provide transparent business reports on progress.
- MSc degree with work experience in phytopathology or related area.
- Hands-on experience in conducting large-scale experiments.
- Proven experience in managing a small team of people is considered an advantage.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written. Dutch is considered an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal- and communication skills
- Team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
- Analytical and critical mindset.
- Good data analysis skills, using statistical programs (such as R), for experimental design and reporting purposes.
- Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Tosca Ferber, Research Director, via 0174-530100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH39057".