RADICLE Crops | hbo wo | Wageningen
RADICLE Crops (RC) is a quinoa seed company. Our ambition is to continually deliver superior varieties and seed products to boost quinoa producers' yields and profitability worldwide. We are currently looking for a proactive and energetic Crop Specialist.
As our Crop Specialist, you will help growers throughout the RC network to improve the productivity of their quinoa crops through the development of knowledge, sustainable management practices and innovative technologies. Specifically, you will:
- Develop improved cultivation practices in close collaboration with the agronomy teams of our clients.
- Design next-generation quinoa production systems through the evaluation, validation and implementation of precision agriculture technologies.
- Setup, supervise and monitor research, selection and demonstration trials in Western Europe and North America.
- Develop new commercial opportunities by increasing contact with agricultural firms interested in establishing quinoa production chains. For this task, RC's business development team will support you.
LOCATION: You will be based in the Netherlands and will travel frequently within Europe and to the United States and Canada. Occasional visits to South America are also foreseen. The RC headquarters is located in the campus of Wageningen University and Research.
START DATE: March 1st, 2021.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Our Crop Specialist should have the following expertise and capabilities:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Agronomy, Plant Production Systems, or a related field of study
- Proven experience in the design, coordination and execution of research and commercial field trials.
- Expertise in arable crop production systems and the ability to transfer the knowledge growers need to cultivate quinoa successfully.
- A keen ability to discover, implement, and validate new (precision) technologies in arable crop production systems (e.g., remote sensing, geoinformation systems, among others).
- Demonstrated analytical skills to lead data-driven decision making.
- Excellent communication skills with professional fluency (spoken and written) in English and Dutch (fluency in German or Spanish are also desirable).
- An entrepreneurial attitude and strong business development skills. The ideal candidate can deal effectively with a wide variety of people from the boardroom to the farm.
- The ideal candidate is energetic and proactive, yet also disciplined and well organized.
Salary and benefits are to be defined based on your experience. We want to create an enjoyable yet challenging working environment that supports young, energetic, and entrepreneurial talent. RC is a competitive employer with a strong focus on creating well-being and sustainable employment. For more information, visit our website: www.radiclecrops.com.
HOW TO REACH US
If you want to join RC’s ambitious project as our Crop Specialist, send us your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by February 12th, 2021.
6708 WH Wageningen
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38654".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.