Operations Manager Kenya
Florensis | hbo | Kenya
Florensis is a leading family business in the international ornamental horticulture sector. We strive to be the most reliable, innovative and sustainable breeder and propagator. We have production and breeding locations in the Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Kenya and Ethiopia. With more than 2,000 employees, we annually supply a product range of 4,000 plant varieties to 8,000 professional growers in 50 countries. Corporate social responsibility comes as natural to us as offering the best quality with the highest supply reliability.
Florensis is growing, blossoming and changing, and as Operations Manager Kenya you have an important part to play. Do you have a passion for the industry and do you have the skills to further develop our organization? Because of the position change of a colleague at our cutting production location in Kenya, we are looking for an enthusiastic:
Operations Manager Kenya
Full-time – located in Kenya
Florensis Kenya Ltd
Florensis Kenya is specialized in the growing of mother stock to produce high quality cuttings. Florensis Kenya is producing a wide range of annuals, perennials and biannuals. Florensis Kenya is producing cuttings from 14 hectares of greenhouses. The organisation employs 380 permanent employees and is increasing during high-season to approximately 580 employees.
What does your job as Operations Manager Kenya at Florensis entail?
The Operations Manager Kenya is responsible for all operational and agronomy activities at Florensis Kenya and takes care that operations are run efficiently and effectively. You make sure that Florensis Kenya delivers high quality cuttings to its customers on time in the right quantities. You are steering an experienced operational management team at an inspiring and motivated way. You take our vision to be the most reliable, innovative and sustainable propagator into account in your decisions. You will report directly to the General Manager Kenya and is able to deputize him during absence.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
- Part of the Management Team;
- Motivating and coaching a team of department heads, supervisors and specialists;
- You make sure that all operational departments (e.g. Agronomy, Greenhouse Production, Supply Chain, R&D, Planning and Availability) are running smoothly and efficiently;
- Ensure availability and delivery of high-quality cuttings to the customers;
- You will oversee supply chain management and product development;
- Ensure an efficient system of production planning from nucleus stock till end-product;
- Whatever the task, you constantly strive for excellence;
- You are key in the communication between the Kenyan organisation and the European organisation;
- Responsible for managing the internal and external quality systems at Florensis Kenya;
- Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques regarding the production of cuttings.
What do we require from you as a Operations Manager Kenya?
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in agribusiness or agriculture from a reputable institution;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the same area;
- You have strong managerial & inter-personal communication skills, and ability to lead and influence at an executive level with respect to the Kenyan culture;
- You are able to indicate clear goals and are able to motivate others to reach these;
- You are able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere;
- You are analytical and thorough in your approach to problems and opportunities, and instinctively bring structure to complex situations;
- Customer oriented in thinking and methods;
- You have an excellent knowledge of the English language (knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre);
- You have European market and product knowledge and understand European culture;
- You have a positive, strong, fair and credible attitude and have excellent time management skills;
- Experience in a management position in an African country is preferred;
- Experience in production of cuttings is a pré.
Florensis offers you a varied, independent and responsible job within a dynamic international organisation. Besides, we offer you a competitive salary with secondary benefits and future prospects.
Information and applications
Does this sound like the job for you? And do you think you would enjoy being part of a motivated team at Florensis? If so, submit your application via the following link: florensis.homerun.co. For more information about this post, please contact Eddy Verbeek (General Manager Kenya) or Leon Duijnisveld (Director Supply Chain & Foreign Production, phone: +31 (0)78-6233200.
We do not welcome enquiries from recruitment agencies.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38407".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.