Potato Hybrid Breeder (m/f)
Solynta | hbo wo | Wageningen, The Netherlands
Solynta is a young, informal and dynamic technology company and leading in development and implementation of hybrid breeding technology in diploid potatoes. This technology will accelerate the development of innovative potato varieties, with true seed as starting material. Hybrid true potato seeds enables every corner of the world to have a plentiful potato yield; 25 gr true potato seeds versus 2500 kg seed tubers / ha (www.solynta.com).
Until now Solynta has made significant breeding steps, however to reach a next technology level and strengthen the potato hybrid breeding program we are looking for a:
Potato Hybrid Breeder (m/f)
data-driven, analytical, curious
Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands
Initially you will be trained and involved in technologies that accelerate and improve Solynta’s unique and game changing diploid hybrid potato breeding program. You will grasp both the challenges and the opportunities of this exciting new crop and will become fully aligned to the Solynta business goals. Afterwards your priorities will shift towards inbred and commercial hybrid development. Over time you will get full responsibility for product development within a specific market segment. You will cooperate with an inspiring team of breeders, breeding assistants, researchers and agronomists. Field selection activities are naturally part of your job. You are required to develop original ideas using the latest available technologies.
- MSc/PhD in Plant Science, Genetics or Breeding with strong analytical skills; only ‘best in class’ candidates are considered;
- At least 5 years of experience in a commercial breeding program;
- Data- and product-driven mindset combined with a holistic view;
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills;
- Independent and pro-active in initiating continuous improvements;
- A fun colleague, team player and people manager;
- Able to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment, applying research into breeding;
- Good English skill, Dutch is a plus;
- Computer skilled, particularly excel, breeding database software, and statistical software.
- Exciting and challenging position with the prospect of permanent employment;
- Excellent salary dependent on experience and in line with the market;
- Last-but-not-least: you can become part of an enthusiastic group of people that work on one of the world’s most promising innovations for improving the food supply worldwide.
If you are motivated to strengthen the potato hybrid breeding program, you are invited to send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Johan Grootscholten, Senior Consultant / Managing Partner at Green Career Consult, +31 6 38976049.
Solynta has exclusively selected Green Career Consult as recruitment partner for this vacancy.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38386".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.