KWS Vegetables | hbo wo | Wageningen
As part of our growth strategy and our plans to establish state-of-the-art Research Teams for our Vegetable Business Unit, we are looking for a Molecular Breeder, based at KWS Vegetables’ headquarters in Wageningen, the Netherlands. The Molecular Breeder will contribute to the execution of the research strategy of the Applied Genomics team and supports an effective breeding process. She/He will report to the Head of Applied Genomics within the Vegetables business unit of KWS.
Contribute to the competitiveness of the worldwide KWS vegetable breeding portfolio. Assist in the execution of the strategy for the Applied Genomics team by implementing and executing state-of-the-art technologies, methods and protocols that support modern-day molecular breeding. You will take responsibility for the execution of the global molecular breeding support. In cooperation with the breeding teams world-wide and genomics scientists, the Molecular Breeder will initiate, execute and analyze the results of research and development programs in the area of crop genomics, genetics, biostatistics and molecular breeding. Establish and maintain good interactions with the global vegetable breeding teams, external technology providers and the Services Department of KWS.
Key Success Factors:
- Implementation and execution of methods to analyze large genomic data set to support vegetable breeding;
- Efficient collaboration with the Service Department of KWS;
- Ensuring high-quality analyses in support of the world-wide breeding teams;
- Contribute to the overall professionalism of the Applied Genomics team.
- Execute the strategy for Applied Genomics in line with the overall goals of the KWS Vegetables crop teams;
- Effectively cooperate across departments, particularly with the Services Department of KWS in order to implement routine screening of molecular marker;
- Collaborate with technology providers to create proprietary genomic data of the most important vegetable crops in the KWS portfolio;
- Use proprietary genomic data bases to perform comparative genomic analyses, discovery of polymorphisms and structural variation underlaying important traits within vegetable crops;
- Work with global breeding teams with bioinformatic and statistical approaches and thereby contribute to modern-day molecular breeding of vegetable crops.
- BSc/MSc in a relevant discipline;
- Experience in Crop Genomics & Genetics;
- Practical and theoretical knowledge using molecular marker analyses is highly valued;
- Experience with handling large data sets and the translation into breeding targets;
- Ability to get things done;
- Proven ability of building collaborative research projects;
- Language skills: English (fluent);
- International orientation.
Do you recognize yourself in this job and would you like to know more about the role within the world of KWS Vegetables, please contact our global head of Research, Martin De Vos (Martin.Vos@kws.com).
KWS is één van de voornaamste teeltbedrijven ter wereld. KWS heeft in de traditie van een familiebedrijf, meer dan 160 jaar onafhankelijk gewerkt. KWS focust zich op plantenteelt en de productie en verkoop van zaad voor maïs, suikerbieten, granen, aardappel, koolzaad en zonnebloemen. KWS past geavanceerde plantenteeltmethoden toe. 5147 werknemers vertegenwoordigen KWS in meer dan 70 landen.
Voor meer informatie gaat u naar: www.kws.com. Volg ons op LinkedIn®.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38311".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.