Seed Movement Coordinator
(Import & Export Regulation) Fulltime
BASF Vegetable Seeds | hbo wo | Nunhem
Seed Movement Coordinator (Import & Export Regulation)
BASF Vegetable Seeds | Nunhem | Fulltime
Seed Movement Coordinator
At BASF Vegetable Seeds it is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions that are in line with consumer demands. At the moment we are looking for a Seed Movement Coordinator to join our ambition. Focus of this position is on three fields: phytosanitary issues, organic vegetable seed regulatory topics and ensuring BASF VS representation in external platforms.
- Responsible that BASF Vegetable Seeds is well informed about relevant phytosanitary- and organic seed regulations to ensure that the business reacts in a timely and compliant way to changing requirements.
- You act pro-actively in the coordination for phytosanitary issues and align with all stakeholders internally.
- Coordinating role for organic seed regulatory issues with focus on North America and Europe.
- Coordinating role for other topics in external platforms.
- Set up and maintain a global framework for sharing phytosanitary information and regulations to support functions involved in movement of seeds.
- Support the development of strategies and policies in the field of phytosanitary regulation.
- Coordinate the implementation of new requirements in BASF VS and ensure that there is a global approach and action plan.
- Identify business needs for the improvement of IT-systems with relation to phytosanitary issues.
- Participate in Plantum Workgroup (WG) Export, share information and make sure BASF VS topics are brought to the agenda.
- Bring country topics to the attention of the Global Manager Industry Affairs.
- Interaction with partners, competitors and organizations in the Vegetable Seeds business industry.
- Advisory role for phytosanitary-issues to ensure that import/ export/ sales is possible for new countries.
In general, you ensure that there is knowledge about local legislation, that relations are being built with local authorities and that there is knowledge about (phytosanitary) requirements. Furthermore, you provide support to our departments and you provide or you are the source of information.
Organic Seed Regulations
- Develop and maintain the internal BASF-VS network (Europe &North America) for organic seed regulations.
- Maintain an overview of organic topics and their status that are discussed in external platforms.
- Coordinate the development of standpoints by the relevant specialists in the company (BASF).
- Give support and training to BASF-VS participants in external platforms – information sharing, promotion of our interests, alignment with other colleagues.
- Create centralized organic legislation documentation.
- Establish a communication process within the company on organic legislation updates.
- Ensure timely and compliant reaction to changes and be the first point of contact for questions.
Other Industry Affairs/Seed Movement topics
- Coordinate the BASF-VS network for industry affairs topics.
- Make sure that there is global alignment about priorities, about goals per topic and how to achieve the goals in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development of standpoints by the relevant specialists in the company (BASF, BASF-VS).
- Excellent communicator
- Coordinating skills, able to keep overview
- Stakeholder oriented (internal- and external)
- Solution oriented
- Accuracy, detail-oriented
- Patience and perseverance
- Pro-active mentality
- ‘Political sensitivity’
Qualifications & Skills
- You have an university degree in the field of e.g. Phytopathology, Legal
- 3-5 years experience in a seed company or relevant track record
- Knowledge about phytosanitary issues, seed pathology is a pre
- Affinity with regulatory issues is required
- You have experience in being part of cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary team settings and have experience working on global programms and projects
- Excellent in English: speaking and writing
- Good writing skills, ability to summarize complex topics
Interested to join us?
Are you curious about the job, and do you want to know more about why it’s so great or what are the biggest challenges in your role? If you have any questions you can reach out to Michiel Weijters (Senior Global Talent Acquisition Specialist). Mobile: +31 6 3983 6461 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested and meet our profile, please upload your motivation and CV via the “Apply” button, before October 30th 2020.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working in a challenging and international working environment with enthusiastic, professional and passionate colleagues. We pay a lot of attention to personal development and career development. We offer a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits like a good pension, collective health insurance, training opportunities, etc.
Welcome to BASF Vegetable Seeds
It is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions that are more in line with consumer demands. Our breeders and researchers are constantly working on the development of improved varieties in our laboratories, greenhouses and fields. We look at the needs of vegetable growers and the vegetable chain as well as consumer trends and social developments. By working together with partners in the vegetable value chain, we actively contribute to improve vegetable consumption with innovations that are attractive, healthy, tasty and sustainable.
BASF VS is one of the largest vegetable seed companies in the world, with its Nunhems® brand. Under this brand, BASF VS offers specialized advice and 1,200 vegetable varieties in 24 crops to the professional horticulture and vegetable chain. The company is present in all major vegetable producing markets and has more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
More than 600 employees work at the main location in Nunhem; in the laboratory to support the worldwide breeding activities, and in modern greenhouses and trial fields for the breeding programs of a.o. leek, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes and carrot, as well as in the seed cleaning and processing activities and quality assurance. The high-quality seeds are exported to customers in over 100 countries.
When processing your personal data during the applicant’s procedure, Nunhems Netherlands BV adheres to the applicable law and regulations, amongst others the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). For more information about the processing of your data and your rights, we would to refer you to our privacy notice for applicants on our website www.nunhems.com
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38227".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.