Director Sustainability Animal Nutrition
Evonik / Nomilk2day B.V. | hbo wo | Hanau, Germany
As Sustainability Director you will increase the impact of sustainability at Evonik Animal Nutrition. Your entrepreneurial mindset on the topic of sustainability as well as your capabilities with stakeholder management will ensure the sustainability strategy is taken to a higher level.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €13.1 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.15 billion in 2019. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions for customers. More than 32,000 employees work together for a common purpose: improve life, day by day.
Evonik Animal Nutrition is a highly reliable, globally operating provider of science-driven products and services for sustainable and efficient production of meat, fish, eggs and milk. The organization is marked by scientific excellence and sensitivity to the needs of customers and society.
Evonik aims to get their sustainability strategy to a higher level and therefor the position of Director Sustainability was created.
As Director Sustainability of the Business Line Animal Nutrition your main task will be to get a better understanding of the demand to be able to create market pull. You will do this from a strategic standpoint because there is potential for future business on divers topics, improving the impact of sustainability. An important tool will be marketing along the value chain.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Holistic strategic evaluation of current and future protein markets (animal, plant based, cultured meat, alternative sources)
- Ensuring a sustainability driven future portfolio structure
- Strategic development of “marketing along the value chain” including systematic concepts for stakeholder engagement beyond the current customer portfolio
- Development and Implementation of a consistent sustainability concept in line with the BLs global strategy in order to achieve a sustainably driven future portfolio
- Introduction of sustainability concepts improving the current protein industry practices by support of digital farming tools
- Evaluation of partnering options and alliances across industry stakeholders
- Internal stakeholder management
The ideal candidate for this position will be very capable of stakeholder management and has experience as well as an entrepreneurial mindset on the topic of sustainability. Someone with hands-on mentality and not afraid for an uphill battle will be most likely to succeed. Knowledge of the protein market is preferable, for instance experience working at a feed producer or in the food ingredients market.
- Successfully completed studies in environmental economics, natural sciences or a related field of studies with a focus on sustainability
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
- Several years of experience in complex consultancy and/or experience with “Marketing along the Value Chain”
- Professional experience in international project management, strategy development as well as in external stakeholder management (e.g. industry associations, regulatory groups, NGOs)
- Proven leadership and networking skills, entrepreneurial motivation and readiness for new challenges
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills in German and English with strong intercultural competence
- Willingness to travel internationally 20%
Hanau, Germany - 20% international travel
- Working for a company where culture is based on trust, respect, and openness
- Working on innovation that is characterized by ambitious goals and clear strategy
- Flexibility; you are given the greatest possible freedom to work and evolve yourself professionally the way your personal situation enables
- Team spirit; being part of excellent international teams and experience the strength of bundled Talent management and the joy of motivating collaboration
- Development; the opportunity to develop yourself in this position and go onto the next step
- Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package
Please contact Wim van de Worp, Managing Partner at Nomilk2day Headhunters
+31 (0) 6-51343773
Evonik Animal Nutrition has exclusively selected Nomilk2day as recruitment partner for this vacancy. Nomilk2day Headhunters is connecting ambitions in agribusiness, food & industry. We work with clients from the international top segment and link their goals to the ambitions of (young) professionals, managers and directors. From Zwolle and Oudeschoot we contribute to growth and realize ambitions through recruitment, executive search and interim management.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38111".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.