Associate Breeder Rose
Dümmen Orange | hbo wo | De Kwakel, Netherlands
Associate Breeder Rose
Achterweg 73, De Kwakel, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. To expand of our breeding activities at our Research & Development (R&D) department in De Kwakel (the Netherlands), we are looking for an Associate Breeder Rose.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Dümmen Orange centralized global rose breeding activities in De Kwakel (the Netherlands) and is looking for a full-time Associate Breeder with passion for product innovation and breeding processes. As Associate Breeder Rose you will work in a dedicated and highly motivated team developing beautiful new commercial cut and pot rose varieties with a combination of unique innovative traits for our customers worldwide.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Coordination, preparation and completion of breeding activities and trials.
- Collecting, digital processing (e.g. in software program Ebrida) and analyzing phenotypic and genotypic crop properties.
- Reporting on the progress of activities and making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of (breeding) processes.
- Ensuring the implementation of new developments into the breeding processes.
- MSc in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Pragmatic and analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel.
- Affinity with plant breeding and an eye for detail.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers) via + 31 6 306 77 300.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38048".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.