Indoor Farming Product Manager
Infarm / Green Career Consult | hbo wo | Berlin, Germany
You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve problems in indoor farming? You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success? Then we like to get in contact with you.
Indoor Farming Product Manager
Office: Berlin, Germany
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Your role & responsibilities
- Find, advocate for and deliver on the business case, the customer need and technology development for the indoor farming products.
- Own the product strategy with a plan for innovations, releases and go-to-market for technical indoor farming developments;
- Be an expert on risk: identify the risks and know how to manage them;
- Communicate like there's no tomorrow with engineers, business strategists, operations & maintenance experts and more;
- Stay flexible - use a transparent prioritisation and decision process to realign teams and stakeholders as new information is uncovered through development;
- Act as a primary point of contact throughout development with execution teams and stakeholders and work closely with Engineering;
- Grow your skills and responsibilities to meet the ever-changing needs of the business; being a problem solver;
- Ensuring Infarm engineering teams understand the customer need, the business value and the outcomes of their work;
- Ensuring stakeholders are up to date on key product information (roadmap, backlog prioritisation and product performance of the Indoor farming systems of Infarm).
- Experience delivering indoor farming technolgy, preferably in the industrial space;
- An understanding of a variety of product development techniques, from both the agile and waterfall worlds, along with the tradeoffs between them;
- You like to build cutting-edge indoorfarming products, owning the end to end development process from idea to the roll-out;
- Excellent abilities of communication, risk management, customer empathy and business acumen;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve problems that come up during a typical work day;
- You have a "can do'' approach and you "act boldly''.
- A degree in either Engineering, Horticultural Science or Business studies, or equivalent practical experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of hardware (indoor farming technology) product management experience;
- Experience in hydroponic systems and horticulture / agriculture is a big plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English, German is a big plus;
- Tech-savvy and familiar with JIRA, Confluence and G-suite;
- Willing to travel 5-10% of your time.
- The opportunity to join Infarm as they expand across the globe and help change the future of farming;
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers;
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues;
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday;
- Monthly BVG ticket (when located in Berlin);
- Fresh herbs to take home and lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ;
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Are you the potential Indoor Farming Product Manager with strong ideas to further grow the Infarm technology?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and fast growing business. So, if you are an experienced candidate or you are ready to take the next step in your career. Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation
React as soon as possible, but before 11/09/2020.
Mention within your application "AgriHolland Vacaturebank number AH38008".
Any commercial activities concerning this advertisement will not be appreciated.