Product Development Manager
Marginpar / Nomilk2day B.V. | hbo wo | 70% Netherlands – 30% Africa
Are you passionate about summer flowers? And does the development of new creations sound like a dream career? We’ve got the perfect job for you!
Marginpar has been active in the import and production of unique summer flowers for more than 30 years, resulting in a very wide range of over 100 products. With 17 flower farms on different altitudes and geographic locations -Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe-, every variety can be grown on the perfect spot. Plus, growing flowers so close to the equator, Marginpar guaranties a year-round supply of most flowers. Creating millions of beautiful, unique flowers every year, that doesn’t happen overnight. And you certainly can’t do it alone. That’s why Marginpar believes that breeder, grower and market need to work closely together. Marginpar's position is unique within the floral world: thanks to long term collaborations and alliances, they manage almost every step in the chain. Together with breeders they provide unique, innovative products. Something to be proud of. And something you can be a part of!
“Marginpar. A unique product of nature, signed by our people.”
As Product Development Manager at Marginpar you will be responsible for expanding the range of unique summer flowers. You will do this in strategic cooperation with breeders and suppliers of plant material. The new Product Development Manager is also responsible for three trail sites in Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania where new products and new production techniques are tested. You will set up development programs and make sure there is optimal exchange of information between stakeholders.
Next to introducing new varieties you will improve existing products by securing the best quality plant material and testing new production techniques. Test programs at trial sites need to be set up, and you will be cooperating with institutes like Wageningen University, bringing new knowledge into the company.
As Product development Manager you are able to ensure focus in extremely complex, operational situations. Overseeing the entire spectrum of possibilities and identifying common ground with other topics and developments is second nature. You will find the best solution for every challenge.
- Have extensive knowledge and network of (summer) flowers;
- Are highly analytical and have good communication skills in the English language;
- You are flexibility and stress resistant;
- Are able to travel 30% internationally and visit the trial sites frequently;
- You have the leadership qualities to oversee the trial sites;
- Have work experience in Africa (no must, but highly preferred).
70% Netherlands – 30% Africa
- An exciting job at the cutting edge of breeding and product development in unique summer flowers;
- An innovative, creative and international working environment in a company that’s trendsetting the market;
- Sustainable collaboration throughout the entire value chain. Marginpar is a proud member or the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative. Together, they want to achieve a sustainable production of 90% for all plants and flowers;
- A work culture following the approach of the Kaizen philosophy. Our people are number one. Our culture is one of recognition, value and trust;
- More than 3500 colleagues worldwide;
- A complete package of employment conditions that suits the position.
Jan Gert Roest, Senior Consultant Tuin- & Akkerbouw
Sollicitanten verzoeken we nadrukkelijk te reageren via de sollicitatiebutton.
Nomilk2day Headhunters is dé verbinder in agribusiness, food & industry. Wij werken met opdrachtgevers uit het internationale topsegment en koppelen hun doelen aan de ambities van (young) professionals, managers en directeuren. Vanuit Zwolle en Heerenveen dragen we met recruitment, executive search, detachering en interim management bij aan groei en realiseren we ambities.
Vermeld bij uw sollicitatie "AgriHolland Vacaturebank nummer AH37809".
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.